- Support Us
Please consider contributing to My Iman Montessori in the form of donations, volunteerism, or other gifts.
Because MIM is a private, independent institution, we do not receive support from the public. Our school's daily operation is run on tuition costs and donations.
Our community has been fortunate enough to begin and maintain a full-time Islamic school that provides a wonderful, enriching environment for our next generation of Muslim children to flourish as educated Mu'mineen. SubhanAllah, since MIM's inception in 2009, we've grown to consist of a diverse student population from all over the world. With this diversity and growing enrollment numbers come specific obligations from our community to help support our school's mission and continue to provide quality education in a modest Islamic environment. This presents us with the opportunity to give Sadaqah Jariah (voluntary charity).
Thank you for your support and commitment to our school.
Where does my contribution go?
Each year, we designate a certain amount of money to each of our fundraising projects to help better our school. Ongoing fundraising categories include the following:
- Tuition: A significant portion of monetary gifts goes towards keeping tuition affordable for more of our families.
- Materials: As each of our students is unique and talented, donations allow us to purchase materials which will help expand, enrich, and challenge each of those children.
- Facility: We are a growing school Alhamdulillah! Your donations make it possible for our school to not only expand in number of students, but in size, too!
How can I make my donation?
There are a number of ways to send your donation.
1. Follow the Paypal link on the right sidebar to make a secure monetary donation.
2. Download the MIM Pledge Form on the sidebar to the right, fill it out, and mail it into our school.
3. Mail a check.
4. Consider shopping with the participated merchants that give back, see below for details.
Do you accept non-monetary gifts/donations?
Yes! We are happy and very thankful to receive non-monetary gifts. We can always use day-to-day items, like paper and tissues, and we also greatly appreciate special project donations, like new Gym equipment. If you'd like to make a non-monetary donation, feel free to contact us through email or phone!
Do you participate in corporation education support programs?
Yes, we do! We participate in the following programs:
- AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets you enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the eligible charitable organization of your choice. To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to AmazonSmile to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile. There is no cost to charitable organizations or to AmazonSmile customers. Customers will have access to the same products, features, services, and great low prices as on Amazon.com. The shopping experience is identical to Amazon.com with the added benefit that the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from eligible AmazonSmile purchases to charitable organizations selected by customers. To get started click on the link below:
- Target Red Card: Since 1997, Target's "Take Charge of Education" program has donated more than $387 million to K-12 schools. How it works: Sign up for a Target Red Card at www.target.com/redcard (can be used as Debit or Credit card). Once you're approved for your card, you receive Target rewards, and also have the option to designate our school to receive up to 1% of your purchase each time you use your Target Red Card. Designating a school has no cost, it's completely free!
- Box Tops 4 Education: Box Tops can be found on the labels of many popular consumer products, like Ziploc storage bags, and cereals. To find a complete list of products participating in Box Tops, click HERE. All you have to do is cut out the dotted Box Top on the label/package of the product when you're done with it, and then bring it into the MIM office! You may also send them by mail to MIM.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes. MIM is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) school. Your donations are tax-deductible. Please contact us for tax ID or other questions.
**4/2017 - Our tax-exempt status has been recently revoked and an application is in process to be re-assigned Tax-Exempt status. This process may take up to 8 months. Your donation may or may not be tax deductible, based upon direction from the IRS. This site will be updated as soon as we find the outcome of our status.
Jazakom Allahu Khair!
View and download a MIM Pledge Form HERE
Checks can be made payable to:
My Iman Montessori
2999 1st Avenue SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404